sane-plustek backend does not work

Eugene M. Minkovskii emin at mccme.ru
Thu Nov 4 09:30:57 PST 2004

Hello!

I using FreeBSD 5.2.1 and try to use scanner: "Cannon LIDE 30".
it is USB scanner.

so, I compile kernel with
# USB support
device          uhci            # UHCI PCI->USB interface
device          ohci            # OHCI PCI->USB interface
device          usb             # USB Bus (required)
device          ugen            # Generic
device          uhid            # "Human Interface Devices"
device          ukbd            # Keyboard
device          ulpt            # Printer
device          umass           # Disks/Mass storage - Requires
scbus and da
device          ums             # Mouse
device          uscanner        # Scanners

after that I compile sane-backend port

Now, when I attach the scanner I can see:

# dmesg|tail
ugen0: Canon CanoScan, rev 1.10/1.00, addr 2
==> success, thinking I.

# sane-find-scanner -q
found USB scanner (vendor=0x04a9, product=0x220e) at libusb:/dev/usb2:/dev/ugen0
==> success, thinking I.
==> moreover, in man sane-plustek we can read thet Canon has
==> vendor code 0x04a9, and LIDE 30 has product id 0x220e. Right!

# vim /usr/local/etc/sane.d/plustek.conf
==> In this file I comment all and write:
==> [usb] 0x04a9 0x220e
==> devices /dev/ugen0

# scanimage -L

==> Oops!

All of my efforts to edit /usr/local/etc/sane.d/plustek.conf,
does not lead success.

--
Sensory  yours, Eugene  Minkovskii
Сенсорно ваш,   Евгений Миньковский