Problème d'installation de Freetype pour php4

Svein Halvor Halvorsen svein-freebsd-questions at theloosingend.net
Thu Nov 4 04:38:10 PST 2004

[Cyril Blaison, 2004-11-04]
>  > J'ai bien récupérer toutes les sources nécessaires (zlib,freetype,libpng et
>  > gd) et tout c'est bien passé jusqu'à la compilation de Freetype. Il a fallu
>  > que j'installe makepp (sans probleme) puis j'ai modifié le fichier
>  > "configure" pour l'utiliser comme compilateur.

[Soenke Mueller, 2004-11-04]
>  I fetched all needed sources (zlib, freetype, libpng and gd) and all went
>  well until the compilation of Freetype. I needed to install makepp (without
>  any problem). Then I edited the "configure" file in order to use it as a
>  compiler.

You don't need to fiddle with all that downloading of sources, patching
and stuff in FreeBSD. Take a look at the ports-system, which does all that
for you. After you've had a look at the ports(7) manpage, you probably
would like to install the sysutils/portupgrade port. Then, all you need to
do is:

portinstall lang/php4
portinstall lang/php4-extensions

The latter will let you choose which extensions to install. I did this for
php5, but I guess the process of installing php4 would be quite similar.

Svein Halvor