How can I specify the ipaddress in smbfs entry in fstab?

Mark Jayson Alvarez jay2xra at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 3 17:05:48 PST 2004

Good day!
   I wanted to mount our samba server whenever my
computer boots so I added an entry in fstab like this

                         mountpt
//guest at samba/mp3s       /mp3

but I have no idea how will I specify the ip address
of the server.

using the mount_smbfs, I can mount it by providing the
"-I ipaddress" option.

Do you know how will I tell the fstab to add that
information? I've been reading the fstab manpages and
also the mount_smbfs but nothing helps.

I've also edited /etc/nsmb.conf and added the some
entries according to instructions but it still won't
work. I mounted it manually by issuing:

$mount /mp3

and I get this error:

smbfs: can't get server address: syserr = Operation
timed out

Is there any shell environment variable where I can
set this value?

Thanks a lot for your time!