Filesystem quotas

Chris Burchell cburchell at muttart.org
Wed Nov 3 08:47:18 PST 2004

In testing features on a FreeBSD mini installation I have modified the
/etc/fstab file so that the / partition is 'rq' instead of 'rw' - this
was done to enable quotas so I could try working with them.
(the man page said 'rq' was read/write/with quotas)

for ease of testing, the system was only two partitions - swap and /

However, now when reboot, the system tells me that / is read only!
argh!

Is there any way I can resolve this problem?  the # prompt I get doesn't
seem to allow me much access...

thanks in advance,
Chris