Dlink-g520 802.11b and WEP

scott renna flexble2547 at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 2 10:20:06 PST 2004

so I have my Dlink-g520 working and communicating with
my Netgear 802.11b router.  Here's the thing,
occasionally, the BSD box will no longer be reachable
via the Dlink wireless card.  I then have to stick a
head on it and reboot and it's becoming a real pain.
The error i found is in /var/log/messages is shown
here:

pluto kernel: ath0: association failed (reason 1) for
00:09:5b:73:3b:24

I went through the man page for ath and was unable to
locate an explanation.  I did have a possible thought
of setting the D-Link card to a fixed transmit speed
just at 802.11b speeds, would that make a difference,
if so, does anyone know how to configure the speed.
This device is using an AR5212 chip.

Please let me know if so
thanks

scott