Question about ISO filesystems and CD-R's

Jonathon McKitrick jcm at FreeBSD-uk.eu.org
Tue Nov 2 05:47:53 PST 2004

On Wed, Nov 03, 2004 at 12:39:00AM +1100, Ian Smith wrote:
: but you can keep on adding further ISO images to a CD-R (or CD-RW) until
: it's full, using mkisofs + burncd at least.  Very handy here for certain
: types of backups, especially on a remote box visited weekly.

Ah, that's exactly what I'm looking for.  I bought a bunch of those
mini-CD-R's, thinking I didn't want to waste a regular CD-R to backup 100
megs of my laptop files.  But if I can keep dumping iso's from mkisofs onto
the same CD-R, effectively erasing it and adding a new one and just taking
up more space cumulatively, then I can keep the CD-R in the drive, run
backups every week, and only replace it when it is full, right?

: My cdappend script's full of paranoid parameter and error checking and
: such, but is based on this simple and likely more illustrative one:

Thanks for the script.  I'll put it to good use.

jm
--
My other computer is your Windows box.