Don't know what else to do with DHCP...help??

hoe-waa at hawaii.rr.com hoe-waa at hawaii.rr.com
Mon May 31 18:10:29 PDT 2004

I think I'll leave mine as is until I or someone
(hint, hint) comes up with the real fix. I don't
reboot this machine very often and my script file
seems to work fine.

If you are interested, here it is

$ cat /root/scripts/start-sk0.sh
#! /bin/sh
killall -9 dhclient
sh /etc/netstart
ifconfig -a

If I ever have to reboot, I log in as root and execute
this script and the network comes up fine.  I then
exit and log in as my normal user and startx. It
was never more than an annoyance to me, so I can
live like this.

Robert