Problems after CVSUP

Matthew Seaman m.seaman at infracaninophile.co.uk
Mon May 31 12:22:03 PDT 2004

On Mon, May 31, 2004 at 02:46:43PM -0400, Edward Carmody wrote:
> I cvsup'd src-all and ports-all.  Can't think of anything else that I might
> have done...
>
> Another weird thing I've noticed...the directories for ports no longer have
> makefiles, etc, only html README files.

Classic error.  You tried to use one of the *system* CVS tags on the
ports tree.  As is now abundantly clear, that does not work.  Check
your supfile -- you need tag=. for the ports collections.  Look at the
example supfiles in /usr/share/examples/cvsup and read the extensive
comments within those files for details.  Or search the archives of
this mailing list for the many, many occasions where this has been
dealt with before.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

                                                      Savill Way