Documentation for LDAP Mail Server

Chuck Swiger cswiger at mac.com
Mon May 31 11:32:29 PDT 2004

David Snyder wrote:
> I want to setup a mail server on my FreeBSD box that runs Postfix and
> Cyrus that authenticates through OpenLDAP and have encryption (ssl?).
> Also, I'd like everything to be database backed... DB3 or DB4?  I can't
> seem to find anything on the internet that will show me how.

It sounds like you've got a steep learning curve ahead, frankly.

You would probably do better to start with listing your requirements and see
whether you can do what you need to do with fewer moving pieces, because
setting up LDAP and Cyrus can take a considerable amount of work.

This being said, googling for "postfix cyrus LDAP" reveals a number of hits,
including:

http://www.sfobug.org/meeting_notes/chris_paul/sasl_openldap.html

--
-Chuck