PWS 600au / Matrox G450 / XFree86-4.3.0 (fwd)

Marco Beishuizen marco at beishuizen.info
Sat May 29 08:56:39 PDT 2004

Hi,

I just installed FreeBSD 4.10-RELEASE on my PWS 600au and it comes with
Xfree86-4.3.0. I can't seem to start X while Xfree-3.3.6 worked fine.
My PWS has a Matrox G450 PCI videocard. I tried both the generic Matrox driver
and the G400 driver in xf86config, but get the same errors.

The errors I get when trying to start X are:

(WW) MGA: No matching Device section for instance (BusID PCI:1:0:0) found
(EE) No devices detected.

Fatal server error:
no screens found

X connection to :0.0 broken (explicit kill or server shutdown).
xauth: (argv):1: bad display name "tsunami.bsd:0" in "remove" command

Does anyone know what the problem is and how to solve this?

Thanks,

Marco