perl and berkeley

David J. Weller-Fahy dave-lists-freebsd-questions at weller-fahy.com
Thu May 27 20:04:37 PDT 2004

* Len Conrad <LConrad at Go2France.com> [2004-05-27 01:53 -0800]:
> This is perl, v5.8.4 built for i386-freebsd
>
> so the 5.8 is now the default version, good, 1 of 2 problems solved.
>
> It sure looks like the db3 pkg install is screwing up since
>
> perl -MCPAN -e 'install BerkeleyDB'
>
> ... still gives:
>
> BerkeleyDB.xs:74: #error db.h is from Berkeley DB 1.x - need at least
> Berkeley DB 2.6.4
> *** Error code 1
>
> I've deleted and re-installed that db3 pkg, but still get the same error.

I'm not sure what to do about that since I've never worked with CPAN or
BerkelyDB.  However (this is said from a point of ignorance, understand)
my first try would probably be to remove all CPAN modules installed
under the old perl, and reinstall them.  Then try installing that DB.
However, wiser heads may have a better clue.

HTH,
--
dave [ please don't CC me ]