openldap dependencies

Daniel Bye daniel.bye at psineteurope.com
Thu May 27 07:33:17 PDT 2004

On Thu, May 27, 2004 at 09:17:09AM -0500, Andy Wettstein wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm having a problem with the dependencies for openldap.  I build
> openldap21 with sasl support so I get openldap21-sasl-client.  Then I
> build pam_ldap and it builds fine, but it depends on openldap21-client.
> So my dependencies are broken and I need to do a pkg_db -F.  Is there
> a way to tell packages that depend on openldap21-client to depend on
> openldap21-sasl-client instead?

Yes!  The portupgrade config file, /usr/local/etc/pkgtools.conf is your
friend in this case.

The ALT_PKGDEP section is what you want - set something like this (NOT
TESTED!):

  ALT_PKGDEP = {
    'net/openldap21-client' => 'net/openldap21-sasl-client',
  }

This simply tells portupgrade and friends that for any package that depends
on openldap21-client, make it now depend instead on openldap21-sasl-client.

HTH

Dan