config is out of sinc

Earl Larsen elarsen2 at cox.net
Wed May 26 20:23:57 PDT 2004

On Wednesday 26 May 2004 06:41 pm, Kris Kennaway wrote:
> On Wed, May 26, 2004 at 02:41:21PM -0500, Earl Larsen wrote:
> > >
> > > It looks like you've accidentally updated your sources to 5.2-CURRENT.
> > > Check your cvsupfile against the sample files provided, and post it
> > > here if you need more help.
> > >
> > > Kris
> >
> > No I have 4.9 for the source. Hear is my cvsupfile:
> >
> >  *default host=cvsup12.us.FreeBSD.org
> > *default base=/usr/local/etc/cvsup
> > *default prefix=/usr
> > *default tag=RELENG_4_9_RELEASE
> > *default release=cvs delete use-rel-suffix
> > *default compress
> > src-all tag=.
> > ports-all tag=.
> > doc-all tag=.
> > cvsroot-all tag=.
>
> Read the documentation to find out what the "tag=." does ;-)
>
> Kris
So I should edit my cvsupfile to read as the fallowing:

*default host=cvsup12.us.FreeBSD.org
*default base=/usr/local/etc/cvsup
*default prefix=/usr
*default tag=RELENG_4_9_RELEASE
*default date=2003.10.28
*default release=cvs delete use-rel-suffix
*default compress
src-all date=.
ports-all tag=.
doc-all tag=.
cvsroot-all date=.

And it will update all of 4.9 as 4.9? To update my system corectly. Should I
run mergmaster, after cvsed the system. Since I ran mergmaster with the
incorrect files.