boot0cfg

Nathan Kinkade nkinkade at ub.edu.bz
Wed May 26 11:49:12 PDT 2004

On Wed, May 26, 2004 at 07:27:17AM -0700, Me wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm sure this has been asked before, but I cant find
> any good info.
> I'm having problems reinstalling the bootloader, i'm
> running 5.2.1, I made it to the fixit console but when
> i type boot0cfg -d da0, i get: I/O error.
> Any Ideas?
>
> Br,
>
> Joe

You appear to have the commands arguments confused.  Take another look
at the man page.  The -d option specifies a BIOS drive number - you can
usually leave this blank and it will defaul to the first BIOS drive,
which is generally correct for most setups.  You probably want a command
more like:

# boot0cfg -Bv da0

There are other useful options, such as setting the delay and setting
the default partition/disk to boot.  I myself usually use the command:

# boot0cfg -Bv -o noupdate -t 50 <device>

Nathan