patch

Chuck Swiger cswiger at mac.com
Wed May 26 09:55:07 PDT 2004

joel.criqui at bt.com wrote:
> I have a source ( in fact it's many sources) divided in many directories;
> and I have to patch it with a diff file. But when I perform the patch command,
> the computers wants to know which file I want to patch; but there are a lot of
> sources, and many of them have to be patched. So is there any option which can
> specify that all sources must be modified ?

If you create the diff recursively (the -r option), it will record the
directory structure so that patch knows how to find each of the changed files.
  Create the diff from the same relative position as the patch command will
run and you should be fine, otherwise consider the -d and -p options to patch...

--
-Chuck