Strange pkg_info output

Svein Halvor Halvorsen svein-freebsd-questions at theloosingend.net
Wed May 26 01:15:59 PDT 2004

[Jorn Argelo]
> Recently I came across something which kind of bothered me. Every time
> when pkg_info removes and/or registers a package it gives this output:
>
> pkg_info: package bsdpan-DBD-mysql-2.9003 has no origin recorded
> pkg_info: package bsdpan-DBI-1.42 has no origin recorded
> pkg_info: package bsdpan-GD-1.19 has no origin recorded
>
> Should I be worried about this? Or, how do I fix this?

Do you get this output only when using pkg_info as a regular user?
If so, take a look at the permissions on the directory and files in
/var/db/pkg/bsdpan-DBD-mysql-2.9003 et.al. If your umask is set at 077
when installing ports, this directory gets the wrong permission bits set.

I get this problem once in a while put it's solved doing:

find /var/db/pkg -type f -print0 | xargs -0 chmod 755
find /var/db/pkg -type d -print0 | xargs -0 chmod 644

/sve