cannot load ndis module into kernel, FB 5.2.1, TrueMobile 1300

Dani Irinchev dani at sferyx.com
Tue May 25 23:13:43 PDT 2004

Hi all,

I am willing to try the ndis wrapper for my TrueMobile 1300 card on a Dell
Inspiron 8500 notebook. I installed FreeBSD 5.2.1 and did a cvsup to
CURRENT(25th of May). No custom kernel as of yet. The module builds but make
load fails. Same is for if_ndis but it is because /sys/modules/ndis load
fails. Error that I get is:

/sbin/kldload -v /usr/src/sys/modules/ndis/ndis.ko

link_elf: symbol __panic undefined

kldload: can't load /usr/src/sys/modules/ndis/ndis.ko: No such file or
directory

*** Error code 1

Any idea about what could be wrong?

Cheers, Dani