install ipsec tools

Ben Timby asp at webexc.com
Tue May 25 13:35:43 PDT 2004

Xavier, you should attempt to install the package from the ports tree.
FreeBSD uses the ports tree much like mandrake uses RPM files. The
difference of course is that RPM files are binary packages while the
ports tree simply provides a makefile which will fetch the source,
configure and compile the software. The Additionally the FreeBSD folks
verify that the makefiles work, and you will likely have good success
installing from source in this manner. Ports are arranged in a file
tree, so you need to find the specific folder that contains the port you
wish to install, you can do a search in the following manner:

cd /usr/ports
make search key=racoon

All ports with that keyword in their name will be listed, go to the
directory that is specified, and do:

make install

That will fetch/configure/compile/install the package for you.

Also, read the FreeBSD handbook concerning ports, and you should be all set.

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/ports.html

Hopefully this helps.