openssh port not uptodate ?

Phil Schulz ph.schulz at gmx.de
Mon May 24 16:03:33 PDT 2004

Thomas May wrote:

>i have now downloaded the new ports.tar.gz file and if i want to install the
>openssh port, because of the security hole, i see the old version 3.6.1
>

>how do I get the new version ? is the port not uptodate ?

You've probably downloaded the ports tree that comes whit a release. In
order to get the latest ports you'll need to update the ports tree e.g.
by using CVSup. Check the handbook at [1] on how to do that.
After you've updated your ports tree, go to /usr/ports/security/openssh
and then type "make install". You should then get the latest version of
OpenSSH installed.

Phil.

[1] http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/cvsup.html