Broken Disk

Matthew Seaman m.seaman at infracaninophile.co.uk
Mon May 24 12:57:59 PDT 2004

On Mon, May 24, 2004 at 03:24:33PM -0400, Jerry McAllister wrote:

> > "man disklabel" is pretty comprehensive.
>
> Yes.  But, you have to read it together with man fdisk to make any
> sense of it and even then the writing is rather convoluted and confusing.
> They could both use a complete systematic rewrite.   I don't think I
> know enough of the extra stuff (the stuff I don't usually use) to do
> it or I would try it.

Actually, the disklabel application and man page got a complete
rewrite and a change of name for 5.x.  Compare and contrast:

    http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?query=disklabel&apropos=0&sektion=0&manpath=FreeBSD+4.9-stable&format=html

    http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?query=bsdlabel&apropos=0&sektion=0&manpath=FreeBSD+5.2-RELEASE+and+Ports&format=html

	Cheers,

	Matthew