Kent Stewart kstewart at owt.com
Mon May 24 06:35:24 PDT 2004

On Monday 24 May 2004 06:58 am, balocom at volja.net wrote:
> I have an older computer wich cant`t boot CD-ROM discs and I hawe two
> ways: -to boot from the hard disc;
> -or to boot from the floppy and instal it from CD-ROM.
> But i have no idea how to do this.
> Marko, Slovenia

Choose your closest mirror and look at the following path
ftp://ftp9.us.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/releases/i386/4.9-RELEASE/floppies

You also have to choose which release you are going to install as part
of the path.

The directory has a boot.flp and mfsroot.flp. The README.TXT tells you
how to write the images to a floppy.I always did wrote them on a W2K
Server using ../tools/fdimage.exe.

After you have loaded the 2nd floppy, you are just like you had booted
from the CD-ROM.

Kent

--
Kent Stewart