PPP takes the system over :(

Sergey Zaharchenko doublef at tele-kom.ru
Sun May 23 02:08:29 PDT 2004

On Sun, May 23, 2004 at 09:36:16AM +0400,
 -=Nihr0M=- probably wrote:
> Hello Lowell Gilbert!
>
> Yes, I have a vterminal open (konsole), but it does change nothing...
> I can open another virtual term, but only when my network activity is
> close to zero.

If you mean the 'k' in 'konsole', that probably wasn't the VT you were
asked to switch. Did you try pressing Ctrl+Alt+F2, for instance?

[skip hideously wrapped top output]

> that nice of ppp is my doing - I thought it would take less resources
> - no result.
> And at that moment I downloaded a file...

Could you try it with no extraneous stuff, like KDE, running?

--
DoubleF
"Now this is a totally brain damaged algorithm.  Gag me with a