named Configuration issue

whizkid at ValueDJ.com whizkid at ValueDJ.com
Fri May 21 11:20:10 PDT 2004

I am running bind 9.x on my primary and secondary servers.  Since both are
on the same C class subnet I have used a free DNS hosting to be a
secondary for my site..  I am trying to added NS and A name records to the
2 name servers but I recieve errors when I restart/reload bind.  Here is
my mydomain.com zone file.

;
; The full zone file
;
$TTL 1H
@       IN      SOA     ns1.mydomain.com. postmaster.mydomain.com. (
                        2004052003      ; serial, todays date + todays
serial #
                        1H              ; refresh, seconds
                        2H              ; retry, seconds
                        4W              ; expire, seconds
                        1H )            ; minimum, seconds
;
                        NS      ns1.mydomain.com.
                        NS      ns2.mydomain.com.
                        NS      ns0.xname.org.
                        NS      ns1.xname.org.
                        MX      10 mail.mydomain.com.

localhost               A       127.0.0.1

@                       A       10.0.0.0
                        MX      10 mail.mydomain.com.

ns1                     A       10.0.0.1
                        MX      10 mail.mydomain.com.
www                     CNAME   ns1.mydomain.com.

ns2                     A       10.0.0.2
                        MX      10 mail.mydomain.com.

mail                    A       10.0.0.3
                        MX      10 mail.mydomain.com.

ns0.xname.org.         A       195.20.105.149
ns1.xname.org.         A       213.133.115.5

here is the error is /var/log/messages:

May 20 18:07:14 ns1 named[718]: dns_master_load: mydomain.com:33: ignoring
out-of-zone data (ns0.xname.org)
May 20 18:07:14 ns1 named[718]: dns_master_load: mydomain.com:34: ignoring
out-of-zone data (ns1.xname.org)

if I comment out the ns0.xname.org and ns1.xname.org then I don't get the
error.  BUT then if you query my NS there is no A record for the xname NS.
 So I was told that they were "Not Glued" but if you query ns0.xname.org
there are A records for ns0.xname.org and ns1.xname.org.  How can I create
A records for the 2 DNS servers that are my secondaries from another
domain?  If I just leave it, then any DNS test I run shows that my DNS
servers do not contain the same zone information.  Because the NS0
secondary has A records for NS0 but NS1 does not..  :-(