milter question... .

Dirk Meyer dirk.meyer at dinoex.sub.org
Fri May 21 05:26:03 PDT 2004

Hallo Gary Kline,

> 	I've just installed the mail/antivirus-milter; it looks
> 	promising--to get rid of those annoying *zip, *pif, &c
> 	spams.  But this port also installs its own version of
> 	sendmail.  I just upgraded to the latest 4.8 and assume
> 	that my sendmail is valid.

you can use the libmiter from baseby setting in /etc/make.conf:
SENDMAIL_MILTER_IN_BASE=yes

>       And I safe in modfying the
> 	scripts in /usr/local/etc/rc.d to point to /usr/sbin/sendmail?

yes ... set sendmail_enable="NONE" in /etc/rc.conf
and use the modified "sendmail.sh" to start it.

Beacause all milter must start before sendamil.

kind regards Dirk

- Dirk Meyer, Im Grund 4, 34317 Habichtswald, Germany
- [dirk.meyer at dinoex.sub.org],[dirk.meyer at guug.de],[dinoex at FreeBSD.org]