Help, GTK and my ports system broke!

Kent Stewart kstewart at owt.com
Mon May 17 14:15:57 PDT 2004

On Monday 17 May 2004 01:37 pm, Doug Poland wrote:

> Yes, I ran portsdb -uU.  However, portsdb will not run now, python2.3
> core dumps.
>
> > FWIW, your upgrade is old enough that you may have problems with
> > ruby and portupgrade.  I deleted ruby-* and portupgrade and then
> > did a make install in portupgrades directory.
>
> My system was reasonably up-to-date (about two weeks) before this
> disaster.  IIRC, my list of ports to upgrade included the latest
> changes to XFree86-4.3-libs, gtk, glib, python, ruby, and a few
> others.  I may just blow away all ports, and start from scratch.

Python has no dependancies. I wonder if something is out of kilter on
your base system? I am not running 5.2.1. I have one system running
5-current and it only had time as a problem of updating these ports.

I am also running perl 5.8.2_5 on that system. There were a number of
things that popped up when I updated perl because all of the p5-*
needed to be updated as well and some of the automakes. Most of these
were covered in /usr/ports/UPDATING.

Kent

--
Kent Stewart