Help, GTK and my ports system broke!

Kent Stewart kstewart at owt.com
Mon May 17 13:01:42 PDT 2004

On Monday 17 May 2004 12:45 pm, Doug Poland wrote:
> Kent Stewart said:

> >> Well, that was too quick.  Python2.3 core dumped in stage 2 of 5
> >> and everything failed. My world is looking pretty bleak right
> >> about now.
> >
> > Look at what is out of date. You may have to update ruby,
> > portupgrade, and python before you try glib.
>
> I cannot run portupgrade or make on any port, up-to-date or not.  For
> example, lang/ruby18 yields...
>
> ===>   ruby-1.8.1.2004.05.02 depends on file:
> /usr/local/lib/libcrypto.so.3 - found ===>  Configuring for
> ruby-1.8.1.2004.05.02
> /usr/bin/touch
> /usr/ports/lang/ruby18/work/ruby-1.8.1-2004.05.02/configure
> configure: WARNING: you should use --build, --host, --target checking
> build system type... i386-portbld-freebsd5
> checking host system type... i386-portbld-freebsd5
> checking target system type... i386-portbld-freebsd5
> checking for i386-portbld-freebsd5-gcc... cc
> checking for C compiler default output... configure: error: C
> compiler cannot create executables
> ===>  Script "configure" failed unexpectedly.
> Please report the problem to knu at FreeBSD.org [maintainer] and attach
> the "/usr/ports/lang/ruby18/work/ruby-1.8.1-2004.05.02/config.log"
> including the output of the failure of your make command. Also, it
> might be a good idea to provide an overview of all packages installed
> on your system (e.g. an `ls /var/db/pkg`).
> *** Error code 1

Did you run portsdb -uU after you cvsup'ed ports-all. I have never seen
a message like what your are seeing on the lists.

FWIW, your upgrade is old enough that you may have problems with ruby
and portupgrade.  I deleted ruby-* and portupgrade and then did a make
install in portupgrades directory.

Kent

Kent

--