Changing /tmplocation?

Joachim Dagerot freebsd at dagerot.nu
Sun May 16 15:37:44 PDT 2004

I have, for some reason, a special partition that mounts to /tmp.
Unfortunately this partition is very small, so not seldom  do I get
problems when trying to extract files etc.

My idea is to have /tmp as a normal directory right under /, if that's
a bad idea I have a few other disks/volumes where it can reside.

My question is: how do I chaneg the /tmp location, when in INIT 5 I'm
not allowed, and since this is a server I don't have a keyboard nor a
monitor. So I must have it done through telnet (SSH). Is it possible,
and what steps must I take?

Thanks in advance!

//J