Upgrading OpenLDAP 2.1.30 to 2.2.x

Robert Fitzpatrick robert at webtent.com
Sun May 16 09:35:14 PDT 2004

On Sun, 2004-05-16 at 11:24, Matthew Seaman wrote:
> That means that all of the applications linked against the LDAP shlibs
> have suddenly stopped working.  To fix them, all you need do is
> reinstall -- the situation is analogous to the problem with
> 'libintl.so.N no found' thing that keeps coming up over and over on
> this list.

Thanks for the detailed response. I have decided to upgrade a number of
packages that are related, like Berkeley DB to version 4.2. Also, I have
the openldap-sasl-* packages installed working with SASL 2.1.18 and
Heimdal Kerberos 0.6, but I don't think I need upgrade these two
packages, they seem to be at their latest versions, so I guess from what
you're saying, I just need to reinstall these packages. Also, Postfix
2.0.16 that has LDAP support and I want to upgrade to 2.1.x. Is there
any recommended order for this scenario, perhaps upgrade Berkeley first,
then openldap-sasl-server-2.1.30 and client, then Postfix and reinstall
all other dependencies?

--
Robert