blacklist(s)

Chuck Swiger cswiger at mac.com
Sun May 16 07:00:13 PDT 2004

Gary Kline wrote:
> On Fri, May 14, 2004 at 10:00:58PM -0400, Chuck Swiger wrote:
>>According to the RFCs, one MUST NOT bounce mail sent to postmaster.
>>One ought to read the rfc-ignorant.org site I mentioned.
[ ... ]
> 	Well, bit again.  The line in my access file was
>
> 	206.46                          550 Verizon email not wanted here
>
> 	that I've commented out. This isn't the first time I've had
> 	to fine tune; it probably won't be the last.  Apologies!

Consider using FEATURE(`delay_checks', `friend') and add the following to the
access map:

Spam:abuse@		FRIEND
Spam:postmaster@	FRIEND

[ Pre 8.12 versions of sendmail use To: instead ]

...which will allow you to block mail as you please using IP or other reject
rules, yet not prevent delivery of mail to postmaster and abuse...

--
-Chuck