blacklist(s)

Gary Kline kline at thought.org
Sat May 15 17:35:16 PDT 2004

On Fri, May 14, 2004 at 07:35:06PM -0600, Warren Block wrote:
> On Fri, 14 May 2004, Gary Kline wrote:
>
> > 	Can anyone point me to the website that told how to set up
> > 	sendmail's FEATURE to use blacklists?  There were at least
> > 	fourr blacklist sites.  I've grep'd thru my ~/Mail directory,
> > 	can't find it?
>
> There should already be an example in /etc/mail/freebsd.mc (no
> linewrap):
>
> dnl FEATURE(dnsbl, `blackholes.mail-abuse.org', `"550 Mail from " $&{client_addr} " rejected, see http://mail-abuse.org/cgi-bin/lookup?" $&{client_addr}')
>
> Change the relevant information to use DNSBLs.  For example, here's the
> one I use for the excellent XBL-SBL list:
>
> FEATURE(`dnsbl', `sbl-xbl.spamhaus.org', `"554 Mail from " $&{client_addr} " rejected, site listed on http://www.spamhaus.org"')

	Thanks to everybody.  The one website that showed howto install
	spamassassim and-or these blacklist sites (with sendmail) seemed
	to suggest not to use too many sites.  I dropped in two sites
	and noticed the misc spam  fall off just since noon, Seattle time.

	I just installed the new dspam (2.10.6) and got the mysql link
	going.  When I have this working too I'll write up a cheat-sheet
	tutorial and put it up at bsd.thought.org.

	gary

	PS: Warren, while I was poking around this morning I found
	    spamhaus's list.  These guys get 5 gold stars... .

--
   Gary Kline     kline at thought.org   www.thought.org     Public service Unix