Command to display the complete picture of hard drive

Stephen Liu satimis at yahoo.com
Sat May 15 02:01:34 PDT 2004

Hi Alex,

> Try using "df" - it may be what you need.
>
> #df
>
> And, "#man df" will give you a list of flags.

Tks for your advice.  'df' is the command I'm
searching for.

$ df -ahi
Filesystem    Size   Used  Avail Capacity iused
ifree %iused  Mounted on
/dev/ad4s1a   248M    43M   185M    19%    1791
31231    5%   /
devfs         1.0K   1.0K     0B   100%       0
0  100%   /dev

Why the denotation of hard drive = /dev/ad4sla, not
/dev/hda, etc.

B.R.
Stephen

> On Saturday 15 May 2004 03:26 am, Stephen Liu wrote:
> > Hi folks,
> >
> > FreeBSD 5.2
> >
> > What command will be used to display the complete
> > history of the hard drvice (other than fdisk)
> listing
> > all partitions, their allocated space, used space,
> > available space, date of creation, etc.
> >
> > TIA
> >
> > B.R.
> > Stephen Liu