hw-loopback

Dave Wiebe doft_w at yahoo.com
Fri May 14 15:14:09 PDT 2004

Hi,

I am trying to get my freebsd machine to access the internet but, I can only get the machine to ping itself. Everytime I try to ping outside the machine I get "no route found". I believe my problem lies in the configuration of the ethernet card. Running ifconfig shows me that everthing is there but instead of <full duplex>, it says <hw-loopback>.

I was successfully running windows on this machine and it did access the internet, so I know the problem lies somewhere in the configuration. The version of FreeBSD is 5.2.

Any help is appreciated

Sincerly

David