Port Install Error

Kevin D. Kinsey, DaleCo, S.P. kdk at daleco.biz
Thu May 13 11:06:18 PDT 2004

Bruce Hunter wrote:

> I am trying to install 'Portupgrade' using the ports collection
> What does this mean? and how do I solve the problem

> Dependency warning: used OpenSSL version contains known vulnerabilities
> Please update or define either WITH_OPENSSL_BASE or WITH_OPENSSL_PORT
> Thanks,
> Bruce

Your OpenSSL libs need to be updated.  Do it manually, by cvsup/make
buildworld,
etc., or install OPENSSL from an updated ports tree, or define either of
the variables named in your environment (or possibly in /etc/make.conf?)
and run your command again; this would allow the port in question to rebuild
SSL for you as a prerequisite for building this port.

Example (tcsh/csh):

#setenv WITH_OPENSSL_BASE="yes"
#make

I don't use sh or bash much, but I believe you'd define the
variable on one line (VAR="value") and then export it on
the next (export VAR).

Kevin Kinsey
DaleCo, S.P.