hw.pcic.intr_path=1 device hint for 5x

yussef at fastmail.fm yussef at fastmail.fm
Wed May 12 23:14:54 PDT 2004

I have a laptop which requires the sysctl hw.pcic.intr_path="1" to be set for the laptop to not get a panic in 4.x.
I'm trying to do a fresh install of 5.2.1, but have not found the equivalent device.hint.
I've tried hint.pcic.0.disable=1, as well as the older sysctl's hw.pcic.intr_path=1 and hw.pcic.irq=0 [the latter two are suggested in the handbook]. im not sure if the sysctl's are still valid in 5.x, but all the above values still resulted in a kernel panic at:
cbb0: <TI4410 PCI-CardBus Bridge> at device 10.0 on pci0
cardbus0: <CardBus bus> on cbb0
pccard-: <16-bit PCCard bus> on cbb0
pci_cfgintr_virgin: using routable interrupt 4

fault virtual address = 0xeb902
trap number = 12

google shows this issue seems to be related to systems with the sis 630 chipset, which is what my laptop has. if i was able to install 4.x, i figure its probably possible with 5.x too, i just need to figure out the proper device hints.

thanks and please cc me, im not currently on the mailing list.

yussef