SSH Help / Installing ports / Internet

Bruce Hunter bhunter at solisix.com
Wed May 12 19:09:15 PDT 2004

Brad Tarver wrote:

> Bruce Hunter wrote on 05/12/04 09:02 PM:
>
>> Brad Tarver wrote:

>>> Check /etc/resolv.conf and /etc/rc.conf for your defaultrouter entry.
>>>

>> my defaultrouter entry is set to my router ip, any other ideas?
>> hmmm.....
>>

> what are you trying to ping? an ip address or a hostname? If you are
> pinging a hostname and not getting anything, i would suggest checking
> your /etc/resolv.conf for nameserver entries.

I am pinging b/c I am testing. I am trying to install a port. When a
port installs, it downloads the required files. Whenever I try, I get an
error b/c it can't download any of the files needed for the port. This
happens with all ports. On top of that I can't ping crap outside my
network. Nothing.. Something is blocking me from going to the net. It
not my router, i'm sure of that.