FreeBSD 5 rc.d scripts and /usr/local/etc/rc.d

Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC chad at shire.net
Wed May 12 16:02:17 PDT 2004

Hi

In the man pages for rc it says:

"The best way to handle rc.local, however, is to separate it
      out into rc.d/ style scripts and place them under
/usr/local/etc/rc.d/."

So I created an rc.d style script for my own service and stuck it in
/usr/local/etc/rc.d/.  It does not have a .sh on the end as it should
run in a subshell as detailed in the rc man page.  I also added

myscript_enable="YES"

in /etc/rc.conf.local

I can run my script by hand and it works.  But when I boot it does not
even try and run my script.

How do you get rc.d style scripts in /usr/local/etc/rc.d/ to run at
boot time?

Thanks
Chad