DHCP -> DNS producing error with printer

Gerard Samuel fbsd-questions at trini0.org
Wed May 12 13:04:00 PDT 2004

I just got a Brother printer with a built in print server.
Im trying to set it up to work in my DHCP updating DNS scheme.
Using the printer's default name, Im always getting this DNS error ->
May 12 15:42:07 hivemind named[84]: owner name "BRN_448719.trini0.org" IN
(primary) is invalid - rejecting
May 12 15:42:07 hivemind named[84]: error processing update packet (REFUSED)
id 46124 from [192.168.0.1].1265

If I were to change the printer's name to "printer", everything works fine.

Does anyone have any ideas why DNS doesn't like the hostname?
Im trying to setup the printer in its default state before I start modifying
its configuration, so any help would be appreciated..

Thanks