Start BIND on boot

Nuno César Pires NCPires at isq.pt
Tue May 11 10:15:30 PDT 2004

Hello list,

I'm setting up a BIND/DNS server (recursive) and I'm facing a problem when I
try to start the "named" automatically on boot (named_enable="YES" in
rc.conf):

The result is that the boot process takes a very long time in the "Starting
Standard Daemons" fase. After boot the result of "ndc status" is: (server is
initialising itself) and then nothing happen.

Starting de named manually works just fine.

Releases:

FreeBSD 4.9

BIND 8.3.6

Can you please help me on this? I'm beginner in FreeBSD.

Sorry for the English.

Thanks in advance,

Nuno

CONFIDENCIALIDADE: Esta mensagem e quaisquer documentos em anexo são
confidenciais. Se não for o destinatário desta mensagem, agradecemos que
avise imediatamente o remetente e que a elimine sem a reproduzir, armazenar
ou divulgar a qualquer entidade.

CONFIDENTIALITY: This  e-mail  and  any attachments are confidential and may
be privileged. If  you are not a named recipient, please notify the sender
immediately and do not disclose the contents to another person, use it for
any purpose or store or copy the information in any medium.