Streaming Audio

Darryl Hoar darryl at osborne-ind.com
Tue May 11 09:46:45 PDT 2004

Greetings,
I have a 5.1-release box at home that I would like to put my
personal mp3's on.  I want to listen to them on any computer
on my home lan.

Several on the PC's on my home lan are Microsoft windows.

What are some ideas so that I can access them ?  Samba
seems a bit overkill.  What about apache running on the box,
serving up dynamic pages listing the mp3's.  When you click
on the link it launches windows media player (or real player)
so that you can listen.

Anyway, I would appreciate any ideas on this matter.

thanks,
Darryl