the most light weight X web browser?

Robert Storey y2kbug at ms25.hinet.net
Tue May 11 03:18:09 PDT 2004

Dear Warren,

I followed your advice about compiling Links so that it could run in graphics
mode without X.

This is REALLY COOL - one of the best tips I've received in a long time, and I
thank you for it. However, I've run into one little glitch. As root, it works
fine, but as a regular user, when I type:

  links -g -mode 640x480x16

I get this error message:

   svgalib: Cannot get I/O permissions.

No doubt it's a permissions error, but I'm not sure which/where permissions I
should change. Any ideas?

TIA & best regards,
Robert