npflash.so and Firefox

Joacim Thomassen joacimt at stud.ntnu.no
Sat May 8 08:51:37 PDT 2004

Hi,

I'm not sure this is the right list for this question so feel free to
correct me.

Sometimes when I enter a website with  application/x-shockwave-flash
content, firefox segfaults with this last lines:

For application/x-shockwave-flash found plugin
/usr/X11R6/lib/browser_plugins/npflash.so
LoadPlugin() /usr/X11R6/lib/browser_plugins/npflash.so returned 86f5580
open dsp: Device busy
nsPluginNativeWindowGtk2: NPPVpluginNeedsXEmbed=0
nsPluginNativeWindowGtk2: call SetWindow with xid=0x14002b5
About to create new ws_info...
About to create new xtbin of 180 X 150 from 0x86f4400...
About to show xtbin(0x8585f00)...
completed gtk_widget_show(0x8585f00)
The program 'firefox-bin' received an X Window System error.
The error was 'BadShmSeg (invalid shared segment parameter)'.
  (Details: serial 27 error_code 178 request_code 149 minor_code 2)

When I remove the npflash.so file in /usr/X11R6/lib/browser_plugins/ it
seems to work allright.

I run FreeBSD 5.2-RELEASE #2

firefox is the latest cvsbuild firefox-0.8_5

Flash Movie player Version 0.4.10 compatible (from firefox -
about:plugins (don't remember witch port I last installed, but it's the
npflash.so file)

I user:
windowmaker-0.80.2_3 and

XFree86 Version 4.3.0
Release Date: 27 February 2003
X Protocol Version 11, Revision 0, Release 6.6
Build Operating System: FreeBSD 5.2 i386 [ELF]

Anyone who might have a clue? (I'm also very interested in guideance to
writing this kind of questions, so please do so)

(I'm aware of the bad english - sorry) :-)

-Joacim
Joacim Thomassen			joacim.thomassen at jabber.org
joacimt at stud.ntnu.no			http://www.stud.ntnu.no/~joacimt/

GPG PUBLIC KEY: http://www.idi.ntnu.no/~joacimt/pubkey.asc