Setting Data on the Parallel Port

Tim Aslat tim at spyderweb.com.au
Wed May 5 22:44:35 PDT 2004

In the immortal words of Philippine FreeBSD Info <freebsdinfo at 7t.net>...
> Is there a simple way to set the D0 to D7 bits on the Parallel Port...

Simplest option (I've been doing a bit of this myself lately) is to use
the ppi interface.  There is some example code (in C) to be found in
/usr/share/examples/ppi/ppilcd.c

Failing that, you could also try man ppi

> perhaps with a script I could make into a cron job.  I just want to
> turn on and off some things through out the day.  My buddy does this
> with his WhenDoze? machine and basic, and everyone knows FreeBSD does
> everything better!

I don't know for sure, but you can probably find something on CPAN in
the way of a Perl module for controlling the Parallel port.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Tim

--