Ports Index Update Error - mail/lmtpd Failure

E. Eusey elcoocooi at earthlink.net
Wed May 5 19:39:40 PDT 2004

I ran into the same issue.  I found two solutions that worked.  Neither is
very pretty.

1.  Realizing that I would never install lmtpd, I simply commented out the
lines in the makefile pertaining to DB3.  The Makefile ended up looking like
this:

# .if defined(WITH_DB3)
# LIB_DEPENDS+=   db3.3:${PORTSDIR}/databases/db3
# CONFIGURE_ARGS+=        --with-db3=${LOCALBASE}/include/db3 --without-db4
# .else
# CONFIGURE_ARGS+=        --without-db3
# .endif

.if defined(WITH_DB4)
LIB_DEPENDS+=   db4:${PORTSDIR}/databases/db4
CONFIGURE_ARGS+=        --with-db4=${LOCALBASE}/include/db4 --without-db3
.else
CONFIGURE_ARGS+=        --without-db4
.endif

Why this sucked: I had to hand-edit the Makefile everytime I cvsuped the ports
directory.

2.  Realizing that DB3 was a 'leaf package' (nothing depended on it), I simply
ran 'pkg_deinstall db3' at the command line.  You check dependancies by
running 'pkg_info -a | grep -A 15 db3' at the command line.  Look for a
"Required By:" line.  As a safeguard, pkg_deinstall won't let you remove db3
if it's required by other packages.