dhcpd interface specification (Answer)

Rob stopspam at users.sourceforge.net
Wed May 5 00:41:23 PDT 2004

twig les wrote:

> Yes I get that output from ps also, but the question is what do
> you get from netstat -an?  I tried your syntax, got the same
> output as you in ps, but netstat still shows the daemon
> listening on *.67.  Not kosher.

Found the answer on the isc-dhcp-server mailing list.

Say you want the server to run on rl1 with IP 10.0.0.1,
then add to your dhcpd.conf file:

    local-address 10.0.0.1;

and start the dhcpd server as you did before.

The port 67 will then bind only to 10.0.0.1.

See also the man pages of dhcpd.

You raised a good point; I've modified my dhcpd.conf file accordingly!

Cheers,
Rob.