libgthread error building arts

Kent Stewart kstewart at owt.com
Tue May 4 22:41:26 PDT 2004

On Wednesday 05 May 2004 09:20 am, Redmond Militante wrote:
> hi
>
> i'm having trouble building kde3 on a freshly installed box.  the
> ports tree has been cvsupp'ed, i've portupgraded -rf gettext, and
> portupgraded -rf textproc/expat2.
>
> the kde3 install errors out while installing arts.  the error i get
> is
>
> /usr/local/lib/libgthread-2.0.so: undefined reference to
> 'pthread_attr_destroy' /usr/local/lib/libgthread-2.0.so: undefined
> reference to 'pthread_create' /usr/local/lib/libgthread-2.0.so:
> undefined reference to 'pthread_attr_init' ...
> gmake[2] *** [mcopid1] Error 1
> gmake[2] Leaving directory
> '/usr/ports/audio/arts/work/arts-1.2.2/mcopid1' gmake[1] ***
> [all-recursive] Error 1
> gmake[1] Leaving directory '/usr/ports/audio/arts/work/arts-1.2.2/'
> gmake[1] *** [all] Error 2
> *** Error code 2
>
> i've tried to google this one.  all i could find were references to
> people having the same sort of problem while installing other apps,
> but no solution.  anyone know what's going on?

Did you search on -current for pthreads and libc_r? You have a mixed
setup that is trying to use both and that doesn't work. There are
several solutions. One is to use libmap.conf to map them and the other
is to rebuild everything that uses pthreads such as gmake, glib, and
the rest of the ports. I started out using libmap.conf and eventually
did a portupgrade -rRfa.

Kent

--
Kent Stewart