athlon-mp daily hang 5.2.1

Jose Lima jose.lima at charter.net
Tue May 4 15:35:05 PDT 2004

Check out this PowerNow! patch/module,
http://demira.shopkeeper.de/~sascha/nx9005/
Its supposed to automatically set processor voltage depending on the
hw.powernow.state set in the kernel.
I havent got it to work automatically but I can manually set it to state
2 or 3 and the tempeture and fan noise drop down dramatically.
Note that you do sacrifice speed for heat and noise. To me this is not
an issue, my XP 1600 is still fast running at 1ghz for my needs.
I just got started programming so I cant help out :), yet...
maybe some of our smart delevopers will look into it further.

Jose Lima