need help setting up PPTP VPN using mpd

Mark boxend at redtick.homeunix.com
Tue May 4 06:29:48 PDT 2004

On Mon, May 03, 2004 at 06:11:14PM -0500, Brad Tarver wrote:
> I'm trying to setup PPTP connectivity in a lab environment before I
> attempt to implement in a real-world situation.
>
> I have two routers and four PCs (two laptops running Windows XP and two
> desktops running FreeBSD 5.2.1).
>
> I haven't configured any ipfw or ipfirewall rules yet to keep my
> configuration 'simple'.
>
> Both FreeBSD boxes are configured to nat the two Windows boxes to my lab
> 'internet'.
>

> Here is my setup:

-snip - snip
< disclaimer yada yada >

Here is a working setup of mine with ipfw rules. The bsd comp has static ip but
the  MS comps are dynamic ip so things are loose.
( I also run samba and setup an account for the roaming computers, they have access to
 the lan, the password for mpd must match tha samba password and the user account on freebsd)

allow tcp from any to any 1723 keep-state
allow gre from any to x.x.x.x in recv dc0 # server ip
allow gre from any to any out xmit dc0
allow ip from any to any via ng0
allow ip from any to any via ng1
allow ip from any to any via ng2

#########
mpd.conf

default:
                load pptp0
                load pptp1
                load pptp2
pptp0:

                   new -i ng0 pptp0 pptp0
                   set iface disable on-demand
                   set iface enable proxy-arp
                   set iface idle 1800
                   # set bundle disable multilink
                   set link yes acfcomp protocomp
                   set link no pap chap
                   set link enable chap
                   set link keep-alive 10 60
                   set link mtu 1460
                   set ipcp yes vjcomp
                   set ipcp ranges 192.168.1.2/32 192.168.1.50/32
                   set ipcp dns 10.1.146.80
                   set ipcp nbns 192.168.1.2
                   set bundle enable compression
                   set ccp yes mppc
                   set ccp yes mpp-e40
                   set ccp yes mpp-e128
                   set ccp yes mpp-stateless

pptp1:

                   new -i ng1 pptp1 pptp1
                   set iface disable on-demand
                   set iface enable proxy-arp
                   set iface idle 1800
                   # set bundle disable multilink
                   set link yes acfcomp protocomp
                   set link no pap chap
                   set link enable chap
                   set link keep-alive 10 60
                   set link mtu 1460
                   set ipcp yes vjcomp
                   set ipcp ranges 192.168.1.2/32 192.168.1.51/32
                   set ipcp dns 10.1.146.80
                   set ipcp nbns 192.168.1.2
                   set bundle enable compression
                   set ccp yes mppc
                   set ccp yes mpp-e40
                   set ccp yes mpp-e128
                   set ccp yes mpp-stateless

pptp2:

                   new -i ng2 pptp2 pptp2
                   set iface disable on-demand
                   set iface enable proxy-arp
                   set iface idle 1800
                   # set bundle disable multilink
                   set link yes acfcomp protocomp
                   set link no pap chap
                   set link enable chap
                   set link keep-alive 10 60
                   set link mtu 1460
                   set ipcp yes vjcomp
                   set ipcp ranges 192.168.1.2/32 192.168.1.52/32
                   set ipcp dns 10.1.146.80
                   set ipcp nbns 192.168.1.2
                   set bundle enable compression
                   set ccp yes mppc
                   set ccp yes mpp-e40
                   set ccp yes mpp-e128
                   set ccp yes mpp-stateless

The information contained in this communication is confidential, private,
proprietary, or otherwise privileged and is intended only for the use of the
addressee.  Unauthorized use, disclosure, distribution or copying is strictly
prohibited and may be unlawful.  If you have received this communication in
error, please notify the sender immediately.