Installing port - skip required port

Brent Macnaughton Brent.Macnaughton at rdc.ab.ca
Mon May 3 15:46:01 PDT 2004

Is there any way to install a port and tell it NOT to install one or more of
it's required ports? For example: I installed the mysqlcc port, and it
wanted to install mysql-client. I already have mysql-client installed, but I
did not do it from the ports tree. Another port wanted to install Apache as
a requirement. I already have Apache installed, but I did so from source. Is
there some command line option to tell the system not to install certain
ports? Or better yet, a config file I where can list ports not to install.

Is there also a way to tell portupgrade to skip certain ports? Next time I
do a portupgrade -aRr i do not want it to install mysql-client or Apache.

Thanks.

Brent.