Problem: /libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libexpat.so.4" not found

Oxid oxid_o at mail.ru
Mon May 3 10:39:53 PDT 2004

Çäðàâñòâóéòå, Kent.

Âû ïèñàëè 3 ìàÿ 2004 ã., 21:11:39:

>> Do a SM>> pkg_info | grep -i expat, if it says expat-1.95.7 then you
>> need to SM>> reinstall the apache module which relies on expat
>> (usually php). To really SM>> make sure that everything's in sync
>> with the new expat, see SM>> /usr/ports/UPDATING, entry 20040313 for
>> authoritative recommendation. SM>> (portupgrade -rf textproc/expat2).

>> O>    Here:
>>
>> O> $ pkg_info | grep -i expat
>> O> expat-1.95.6_1      XML 1.0 parser written in C
>> O> p5-XML-Parser-2.34  Perl extension interface to James Clark's XML
>> parser, expat
>>
>> O> - do i still should reinstall php?
>>

>> I have reinstalled APACHE...but i still recive: /libexec/ld-elf.so.1:
>> Shared object "libexpat.so.4" not found
>>
>> How can i fix it? PLEASE HELP!
>>
>> I can't start APACHE becose of that and i can't install PHP becose of
>> that error :(((
>>
>> HELP!

KS> I think you are running into the following problem. Libexpat.so.4 is the
KS> old library version. The current version is expat-1.95.7, which
KS> produces version ..so.5. The update changed the interface, which caused
KS> the following section to be added to /usr/ports/UPDATING.

KS> 20040313:
KS>   AFFECTS: users of textproc/expat2

KS>   Users of expat2 (and its many dependencies) should do the following to
KS>   properly update expat2 and all of its dependencies:

KS>   portupgrade -rf textproc/expat2

KS> Did you install Apache from a package, which was built using the old
KS> version of expat. At any rate, I think you have a version that wants
KS> the old version of expat.

KS> Kent

Well i dont really understand. I'am using FreeBSD 5.2
And i dont think, that this is an old version...
Becose..few days ago, everything worked just fine.

I would like to know, if thre is any way to reinstall all this libexex
staff and etc..
Maybe some files was deleted...or somthing..
I donw know, what could go wrong :**(((((

--
Ñ óâàæåíèåì,
 Oxid                          mailto:oxid_o at mail.ru