UPDATING - perl

Tuc tuc at ttsg.com
Sun May 2 14:56:03 PDT 2004

Hi,

	Trying to upgrade my perl as mentioned in /usr/ports/UPDATING :

20040204:
  AFFECTS: 5.2-CURRENT users who started with a 5.2-RELEASE or older.

  Change the default version of perl to 5.8.

  1) Force perl-5.6.1 to be upgraded with perl-5.8.
        portupgrade -o lang/perl5.8 -f perl-5.6.1_15

  2) Update all p5-* modules.
        portupgrade -f p5-\*

	And the first step goes fine, but when I do the second step it seems
to want to go back to loading/installing perl 5.6.1 . I CTRL-C'd it before
it got too far. Is it ok to allow it to continue? Is there a step that
should be changed/added?

		Thanks, Tuc/TTSG Internet Services, Inc.